Monday, October 10, 2011

Moving Along (Slowly)

Hey guys!

What's been happening
So I was able to finish up my astronaut this week and send him off to my rigger. The rigger sent me back a few notes on correcting my edge loops and I'll be able to make the changes and send it off to her tonight. I'm also going in and correcting the shape of the arms and legs, making them look more proportional.

Scheduling
I was camping all this weekend and had a blast! Only problem is that I didn't get any work done. So in terms of my schedule, I am somewhat behind because I'm supposed to be finished with all of my models this week. But so far, I've only been able to complete my astronaut.

Here's what I need to do. I need to begin modeling my small alien this week starting today, Monday, and finish him up by the end of this week. Once done modeling him, I'll send it off to my rigger. After that, I'll most likely begin modeling my larger alien next week and my spaceship after that. So in 2 weeks I should have all of my characters modeled. Also on my schedule I'm supposed to be modeling my spaceship now but will definitely have to postpone that until next week.

I need to finish modeling in time for my basic animation, which is supposed to begin early November after which all of the characters are rigged. I have allowed enough time for my riggers to complete the other characters and I could give them a couple more weeks if needed. I only really need my astronaut rigged by the end of this month.




EDIT: I've already sent the model to the rigger and here are some pictures. In addition to adding more edge loops around joints and straightening them out, I tweaked the hands and arms so that they are more proportional. I also bent the legs a bit more so it would be easier to rig.

Now that this is done, on to the alien! Thankfully I have all this week to work so I should be able to get back on track.

2 comments:

  1. Great- now no more camping until your film is done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, my friend...my brain hurts just looking at all those vertexes...

    ReplyDelete