Monday, September 12, 2011

MODEL MODEL MODEL!

This week is modeling week! Yay!

So I'm basically modeling my astronaut all this week. Pre-vis is done. The animatic is done (as of now) and I will redo one completely in Maya for next week's class.

As of now, I'm modeling the astronaut's face and am going to finish up his body this week. I'm watching all the tutorials on Lynda.com (I would be going insane without them) and am trying to get all of the proportions right. Still quite a challenge when this is your first time. Hopefully I'll begin modeling my alien by next week and my larger alien after that. It's always important to properly model your character in preparation for rigging.

Here is the rundown for rigging. Two of the best and nicest people will be rigging my characters. Lisa Anderson, whom you guys may know as one of last year's undergrad animation seniors, has agreed to rig my astronaut. Sean Manning, also a undergrad senior from last year, was kind enough to rig my little alien. I might turn to him in rigging my much larger alien as well. As soon as I'm done modeling all of my characters, which will probably by the end of this month, they'll begin to rig while I model my backgrounds.

Anyways, I'll upload some more pre-vis for all of you and if I have time, some pictures of my modeling session!

Thanks for tuning in!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! I am so glad you found "two of the best and nicest people" to rig your characters! If they are that good & nice they are probably reliable as well!

    I am also glad you are making use of the Lynda.com tutorials.

    I am looking forward to seeing your models!

    -Sheila

    ReplyDelete