Monday, November 7, 2011

Spaceship Update

Hey guys,

So my alien is finished and was sent off for rigging this week. I had to tweak some edge loops and added some where the joints will bend. I also made some proportional changes where needed.


I'm still debating whether to use The Face Machine for the rigging of my astronaut face. The software itself would cost around $60 and it would be a very easy learning curve. Unlike Face Robot for Softimage, this would integrate more easily with Maya. Either I do the rig myself or possibly turn to someone to do it for me. A link to the website:

Homepage

Anyways, here is a modeling update of my spaceship. I'm currently working on the hull and should be finished with that this week.





1 comment:

  1. Cool looking space ship Sean! Can't wait to see it moving through space. Will it have a fire propulsion of some sort blasting from the rear engine?

    The model is looking good, with some nice smooth organic curves. One suggestion I have, you may want to round out the front corners of the glass cockpit. They contrast the organic feel of the rest of the ship since they are such sharp corners.

    ReplyDelete