Monday, November 21, 2011

Rigging Update

The facial rig for my astronaut is now completed! Ryan Chen was nice enough to complete the rig and do so in a timely and efficient manner. Overall, he did a fantastic job. I am completely satisfied with the expressions and emotions I'm an able to convey with it. As of now, the entire body rig is now being tweaked by one of my other riggers and it should be good to go by tonight.

At this point, I've ultimately decided to go ahead and perform the skinning on him. For those who don't know, skinning is when you connect the skeleton to the geometry of a character. I will be doing this by 'painting' influences on the geometry. Influence on a vertex is the amount the vertex is controlled by a specific bone.

Maks Naporowski was kind enough to provide me a tutorial and the tools involved to get the deformation looking right. Although I am not familiar with the process, I'll try my best to learn and get it done as soon as I can. Once the skinning is completed, I can finally begin animating him!

1 comment: