Monday, February 27, 2012

Animation Time!

         I apologize for posting a little late, but here you go! This week I've completed more animation for all of you guys to enjoy (and also critique). I spent the majority of my time figuring out how the scenes between the astronaut and the little alien will play out when they meet for the first time.


        This by far was the best scene to animate. The timing, reaction, and movement between the two characters will be key. I figured that animating in general is always fun because you can always try out different reactions and movements with the characters. The only downside is that it can take a long time before you decide on the final product. I'll post the link to that scene later tonight (once vimeo is done encoding) for all of you to enjoy! I'm still tweaking it, so I'd really appreciate the input.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sean,
    Nice work. You may want to speed up the pauses between gestures after the creature jumps off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also- will you still show his POV when he looks up at the alien? Right now the composition loses some of the potential drama in the scene. You may at least want it to be a CU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila! Thank you for the input. You're right about the pauses. He's looking around a little too quickly after the alien jumps off. I do happen to have a close-up POV shot of the alien. I will show that to class tomorrow and get some more opinions.

    ReplyDelete