Monday, January 23, 2012

Music, Modeling, Texturing, and Blocking, Oh My!

Hi Guys,

So alot happened over this past week. So let's start off with music. I'm happy to say that I officially have a composer! I met with Josh Cumbee on Thursday to start off things and introduce him to the project. I chose him because he was my composer for a smaller project last year, titled The Factory, and I was awesomely impressed by his work. The original sounds and instrumentals he put together for my music video just blew my socks off. My video wouldn't have been as great as it was without his involvement.

In the meantime, I'm finishing up on all of my modeling. Here is the gun that the astronaut uses on the small alien. I'm still playing with the colors and the trigger still needs some work. But what do you guys think?



And here are the 'photon' cannisters on the side. I'm really impressed on how these turned out.




I've also been wrapping up on the blocking and should have a new animatic to show on Wednesday. Expect some animation! And it looks like I'm still on schedule.

As a bonus, I included a test render from my campfire scene. I wanted to try and make fire in Maya and introduce myself to some particle dynamics. Although it does need some more tweaking, I think it turned out pretty well. If you notice, the astronaut is just a floating head!

2 comments:

  1. I like the gun!

    Congratulations on the composer- that is great news!

    I am looking forward to seeing the animatic and animation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Sean! I like the retro-futuristic look, similar to the style of your ship. Cool colors as well, I think it will really stand out in your film. Looking forward to see it shoot!

    ReplyDelete